Well I’ve been blogging for just a few posts now and am starting to get pretty excited by all the possibilities. It’s so addictive and there’s so much to learn! I’ve joined British Mummy Bloggers, which seems a fantastic and very friendly site – a great forum for networking and sharing ideas. Does anybody know if there are any similar forums for craft bloggers out there?
Having had a good look around, I’m definitely suffering from blog envy – I already feel like I need to update my site with better graphics and improved features! I’m also still trying to find my ‘writing voice’, which doesn’t come naturally to me, so apologies if my posts seem a little stilted so far! I’ve decided I’m just going to try writing like I speak, and see how I get on.
I’ve been posting at random but believe I need to get a bit more organised if my blog is going to get off the ground. So how to plan my blog to keep things interesting and get across what I set out to achieve? I’ve outlined my thoughts below, but if anybody has any tips on this subject they would be much appreciated.
- Diarise when I’m going to write, edit & publish my blog posts (aiming for 3 or 4 a week)
- Keep an ongoing plan of the theme of my posts. I’ll be rotating through topics on family life, craft & home projects and of course, starting up my business. Before all this though, I think I’m going to run a series of posts on organisation in general, as it’s something I’m really focussing on at the moment!
- Diarise my blog ‘networking’ activity so I get the most out of online forums.
- Putting aside time to read and comment on the other great blogs I’ve found out there.
- Carry a notebook and my camera with me all the time and wait for inspiration to strike!
Thank you for the lovely comments I’ve received so far and I hope you will bear with me as I get to grips with all this.